Tuesday, November 27, 2007

MY FAVORITE THINGS...to buy

MY FAVORITE THINGS...to buy
by Abby Smith

.

.
Bargains at Macy's, a sale on at Gimbels.
Delicate chatchkes, like porcelain thimbles.
Hand-painted tee-shirts that spread into wings...
I feel so high when I'm out buying things!
.
.
Bright-colored cookbooks, adorable notecards.
Bette Midler albums and kitchy hip postcards.
Stick-'em-up stars that will glow in the night...
Purchasing endlessly makes me feel right!
.
.
Why deal with troubles when you can go shopping?
Millions of items to buy, so get hopping!
Wouldn't that V.C.R. fit in just right?
Here, buy a Walkman. Buy two! They're so light!
.
.
(Bridge) Homeless people, unemployment, tend to make me sad;
. But then I go shopping and buy myself things, and then I
don't feel...so...bad.
.
.
.
Go on a spree; you'll feel daring and reckless.
Maybe a shirt, some new shoes, or a necklace.
Stay 'way from friendships, they're liable to flop.
Put on your coat and get out there and shop!
.
.
Friendships take time, you need patience, a large heart.
Shopping's a snap; you can carry a charge card.
Pick out some linens, some napkins with rings.
Go home and cuddle with...some of your things!
.
.
Watching the news makes me restless. It's boring!
I'd rather gather more goods that need storing.
As for relationships, I've had my fill!
Let me go shopping; it won't make me ill!
.
.
(Ending)Losing lovers, losing friendships, tends to make me pine.
. So what if my shopping will leave me in debt; surrounded
with things...I'm...fine !

No comments: