Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Jewish State of Mind



In case you aint no rapper-----Here be de lyrics-----


LYRICS:

No matta the time of day, no matter the weather,
I'd have it no other way, I'll be Jew fo eva,
No I ain't a Rabbi, but I rock a yarmulke,
And every December that's when I celebrate Hannukah
Hannukah's the bombest, don't wanna create fights,
But instead of celebratin 1, we go 8 nights,
That's the holiday when, I light the menorah,
With my fam', singin as we all dance the horah,
I eat that pastrami, on a roll or rye bread,
You can tell I'm Jewish by the dark hair up on my head,
I drink Manischewitz wine, like it ain't nothin,
But before I take a sip, boray peri hagafen,
And before I walk through front doors I check if,
I see a mezuzah i give it a little kiss,
Yeah I keep it kosher, No it ain't hard to see
Tell by my Seder dish , that I most definitely

Don't eat pork, but I eat that potato knish,
And that gefilte fish, I can't consume pork,
My Mother really wants me to, marry another jew
Who can't consume pork, 'sume pork, 'sume pork

Watch me when I'm bored, I'm madd skilled with a dreidel,
Or see me servin' matzoh ball soup with a ladle,
I had a Bar Mitzvah, that's when I became a man,
Biggest moment of my life was nervous when that day began,
My dad's an accountant, that means he's his own boss,
And he likes his potato latkes dipped in apple sauce,
Passover, Rosh Hashanah, Purim, I have a blast,
But on Yom Kippur, it's the worst, cause i gotta fast,
Rock a Star of Savid, and I feel so alive,
Wear it on the Sabbath on the day that I cannot drive,
When I sit down for dinner, I don't wanna risk it,
So I close my eyes, look to skies, and I pray for brisket,
With a side of Matzoh, I love it but don't know why,
It tastes just like cardboard, and it is totally dry,
But one thing that tastes good, is what we Jews call gelt,
Keep some in my pocket, hope that they don't all melt.

I don't eat pork, but i eat that potato knish,
And that gefilte fish, I can't consume pork,
My Mother really wants me to, marry another jew,
Who can't consume pork, 'sume pork, 'sume pork

Challah.

No comments: